How to Set Up Ninja Forms and WPESignature
A WPESignature Pro or Ultimate license is required in order to integrate with Ninja Forms and collect a legally binding signature
1. Download and install the required plugins.
ApproveMe's WPESignature requires a few more plugins/add-ons so you can unlock the power and automate Ninja Forms workflows, with legally binding Digital Signatures. You’ll need to download the following:
1. Ninja Forms
2. WPESignature Business add-ons (Pro or Ultimate license)
3. Ninja Forms eSignature integration (Visit eSignature > Add-ons > Integrations > Find Ninja Forms Signature Add-on > Enable > Activate)
2. Create a stand alone document.
Hover over the eSignature menu > add new document > stand alone document.
To learn more about stand alone documents, check out this helpful article.
3. Insert content and Ninja Forms data into a contract.
Add your text content by typing or pasting it in the body of the editor.
Our Ninja Forms add-on gives you the ability to integrate Ninja Forms user data (that was submitted in the form) into a document that will either be emailed to the user or displayed to the user after they submit the form.
How to insert Ninja Form field data into a contract:
To insert Ninja Forms Data into your document, you will need the Signer Input Fields add-on enabled (eSignature > add-ons).
- Open your document in editing mode. Select the Signer Input Field icon (pencil icon) at the top right of the toolbar.
- Using the dropdown menu, select the Ninja Form that you have already created and would like to connect to your contract.
- Choose the form field and the type of display you would like to insert into your new contract.
A shortcode will be generated in your document with this information. Don’t worry though, the actual values will be displayed in its place once they sign your document!
The field will look something like this in your document:
[esigNinja Formsid=”3″ field_id=”1″ ]
You can move the shortcode that gets automatically generated anywhere in your contract and it will display the user’s submitted data wherever you have the shortcode located.
4. Choose your document options and save settings.
After you have entered all of your desired document content and Ninja Forms fields and have connected your Ninja Form to your Stand Alone Document, you are ready to configure your document options.
The only required option here is choosing a page for your eSignature document to 'live' on.
You can choose a page in the display on this page dropdown if you have created and published a WordPress page with no other content on it.
If you would like to create a new WordPress page for your document now, select "Create a new WordPress page for this document".
5. Almost there... you're 50% complete!
Once you’ve published your Stand Alone Document you are 50% complete. Next, you’ll need to choose your ‘trigger’ and ‘action’ options for this document in the Ninja Forms workflow settings.
To do this, click Let's Go Now in the pop-up that appears after you publish your stand alone document to define those last Ninja Forms settings.
6. Finish setting up the eSignature Ninja Forms workflow.
Almost done! Now you just need to define your Ninja Forms eSignature workflow settings.
If you clicked the “Let's Go Now” button, you’re already on the correct page. If you didn’t, you can find your workflow settings by visiting Ninja Forms > finding your form > settings > emails and actions > eSignature settings.
Complete these settings by selecting your form fields for name and email, choosing your signing logic, selecting your document, and display type.
Lastly, make sure you have an active Store Submission processor enabled in your Ninja Form’s Emails & Action settings. Your form will NOT trigger the document properly if you don’t have one active.
That’s it! Now you’ll just need to save your settings and put your Ninja Form on a page to test away!
Want to check out a live eSignature Ninja Forms demo? Check out ours here!