How to Set Up Formidable Forms and WPESignature
A WPESignature Pro or Ultimate license is required in order to integrate with Formidable Forms and collect a legally binding signature
1. Download and install the required plugins.
ApproveMe's WPESignature requires a few more plugins/add-ons so you can unlock the power and automate Formidable Forms workflows, with legally binding Digital Signatures. You’ll need to download the following:
1. Formidable Forms
2. WPESignature + Business Pack (Pro or Ultimate license)
3. Formidable Forms eSignature integration (Visit eSignature > Add-ons > Integrations > Find Formidable Forms Add-on > Enable > Activate)
2. Create a stand alone document.
Hover over the eSignature menu > add new document > stand alone document.
To learn more about stand alone documents and how to, check out this helpful article.
3. Insert Formidable Forms user data into a contract.
This step is optional and will vary based on your desired outcome.
Our Formidable Forms add-on gives you the ability to integrate Formidable Forms user data (that was submitted in the form) into a document that will either be emailed to the user or displayed to the user after they submit the form.
How to insert Formidable Form field data into a contract:
To insert Formidable Forms Data into your document, you will need the Signer Input Fields add-on enabled (E-Signature > add-ons).
- Open your document in editing mode. Select the Signer Input Field icon (pencil icon) at the top right of the toolbar.
- Using the dropdown menu, select the Formidable Form that you have already created and would like to connect to your contract.
- Choose the form field and the type of display you would like to insert into your new contract.
A shortcode will be generated in your document with this information. Don’t worry though, the actual values will be displayed in its place once they sign your document!
The field will look something like this in your document:
[esigFormidable Formsid=”3″ field_id=”1″ ]
You can move the shortcode that gets automatically generated anywhere in your contract and it will display the user’s submitted data wherever you have the shortcode located.
4. Choose your document options and save settings.
After you have entered all of your desired document content and Formidable Forms fields and have connected your Formidable Form to your Stand Alone Document, you are ready to configure your document options.
Before you can publish your contract, you will need to assign your Stand Alone Document to the blank WordPress page you created earlier. You can do so by searching for and selecting the page from the “Display on this page” dropdown menu located under the “Document Options” section.
5. Almost there... you're 50% complete.
Once you’ve published your Stand Alone Document, you are 50% complete. Next, you’ll need to choose your ‘trigger’ and ‘action’ options for this document in the Formidable Forms workflow settings.
To do this, click Let's Go Now! in the pop-up that appears after you publish your stand alone document to define those last Formidable Forms settings.
6. Finish setting up the eSignature Formidable Forms workflow.
Almost done! Now you just need to define your Formidable Forms eSignature workflow settings.
If you clicked the Let's Go Now! button, you’re already on the correct page. If you didn’t, you can find your workflow settings by visiting Formidable Forms > hovering over your form title > settings > form actions > pencil icon (for eSignature workflow).
Complete these settings by selecting your form fields for name and email, choosing your signing logic, selecting your document, display type and signing reminders (optional).
That’s it! Now you’ll just need to save your settings and put your Formidable Form on a page to test away!
Want to check out a live eSignature Formidable Forms demo? Check out ours here: