Installing & Uninstalling WP E-Signature
Before installing WP E-Signature, you should review our server requirements!
Automatic installation is the easiest installation option, as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser! 😊
Here are some steps to automatically install WP E-Signature on your WordPress website.
1. Visit your profile page (www.approveme.com/login) and log in. This log in information is the email you used to purchase your E-Signature license and the password you were emailed after your purchase was complete.
2. Download WP E-Signature and WP E-Signature Business add-ons from the My Downloads screen.
3. Log in to your WordPress backend.
4. Click on the plugins tab > add new > upload > choose the WP E-Signature zip file we downloaded in step 2 > install now > activate.
5. Once E-Signature is activated, you’re walked through a set-up tutorial where you save your settings (more on this below).
6. Repeat steps 4&5 for WP E-Signature Business add-ons.
It’s possible at this stage that you will be taken to a page requesting the FTP details of your web-server. This will be the case if you’ve not installed a plugin on this particular installation of WordPress before. If so, simply fill in your details to complete the installation.
If you want to install WP E-Signature manually, this will involve downloading the plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application. Here are some steps for you to follow:
1. Visit your profile page (www.approveme.com/login) and log in. This login information is the email you used to purchase your E-Signature license and the password you were emailed after your purchase was complete.
2. Download and unzip WP E-Signature and WP E-Signature Business add-ons from the My Downloads screen.
3. Using an FTP program or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins directory.
4. Log into your WordPress backend and active both plugins from your plugin page.
Saving your E-Signature settings
After you have activated WP E-Signature, you will see an install checklist which will run a few quick tests to make sure your server meets the minimum server requirements. After a successful test, you should click on your settings page to save your settings.
Navigate to E-Signature > settings > fill in your information > save.
This is the personal information that the plugin will use for things like signer name, Auto-Add My Signature add-on, etc.. Keep in mind, this information can be edited and re-published at a time. 😊
Activating your E-Signature license key
After you save your E-Signature settings, you’ll need to activate your WP E-Signature license. To do this, navigate to E-Signature > license ta > paste in the license key that was emailed to you > and select activate license.
Once your license is active on your WP site, you’re good to go! Enjoy your very own Legally binding, UETA/ESIGN/GDPR compliant, electronic document signing platform! 🙂