Installing & Uninstalling WPESignature
Before installing WPESignature, you should review our server requirements!
1a. Automatic installation
Automatic installation is the easiest installation option, as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser! 😊
Here are some steps to automatically install WPESignature on your WordPress website.
1. Visit your profile page ( www.approveme.com/login) and log in. This log in information is the email you used to purchase your eSignature license and the password you were emailed after your purchase was complete.
2. Download WPESignature and WPESignature Business add-ons from the My Downloads screen.
3. Log in to your WordPress backend.
4. Click on the plugins tab > add new > upload > choose the WPESignature zip file we downloaded in step 2 > install now > activate.
5. Once eSignature is activated, you’re walked through a set-up tutorial where you save your settings (more on this below).
6. Repeat steps 4&5 for WPESignature Business add-ons.
It’s possible at this stage that you will be taken to a page requesting the FTP details of your web-server. This will be the case if you’ve not installed a plugin on this particular installation of WordPress before. If so, simply fill in your details to complete the installation.
1b. Manual installation
If you want to install WPESignature manually, this will involve downloading the plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application. Here are some steps for you to follow:
1. Visit your profile page ( www.approveme.com/login) and log in. This login information is the email you used to purchase your eSignature license and the password you were emailed after your purchase was complete.
2. Download and unzip WPESignature and WPESignature Business add-ons from the My Downloads screen.
3. Using an FTP program or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins directory.
4. Log into your WordPress backend and active both plugins from your plugin page.
2. Saving your eSignature settings
After you have activated WPESignature, you will see an install checklist which will run a few quick tests to make sure your server meets the minimum server requirements. After a successful test, you should click on your settings page to save your settings.
Navigate to eSignature > settings > fill in your information > save.
This is the personal information that the plugin will use for things like signer name, Auto-Add My Signature add-on, etc.. Keep in mind, this information can be edited and re-published at a time. 😊
3. Activating your eSignature license key
After you save your eSignature settings, you’ll need to activate your WPESignature license. To do this, navigate to eSignature > license tab > paste in the license key that was emailed to you > and select activate license.
Once your license is active on your WP site, you’re good to go! Enjoy your very own Legally binding, UETA/ESIGN/GDPR compliant, electronic document signing platform! 😊